Wall Hanging // One in Four
This statistical wall hanging depicts gender inequality ratios and was made in response to the United Nations reports that globally at the current rate we are 99 years away from equality.
Proceeds from this work will go towards UN Women Aotearoa to give a woman training in the Pacific to grow her business.
Handwoven in a time intensive rug weaving technique to reference the slow pace of equality and the handmade.
Recently featured in the Raumati Summer Salon at Masterworks Gallery.
• Dimensions: Weaving - 400mm wide x 645mm high
Hanger - 480mm wide x 40mm high
• Weft yarn: Perendale, undyed wool, carpet wool. Warp yarn: cotton
• Customised wooden hanger designed and handmade by Matt Blomeley
• Pattern: Krokbragd a weft faced weaving technique
• Handwoven by artist Kathryn Tsui in the Coromandel Peninsula, New Zealand
• To be sure your parcel gets to you, items are sent with Courier Post NZ 'signature required' service.